General Terms and Condition
Residential and Commercial Cleaning
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND
CONDITIONS AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING YOUR BOOKING.
By placing an order either over the phone, by e-mail or via the website, the customer accepts verbal or written agreement and is bound by the terms and conditions below.
What is included in the Move in/out cleaning & Deep cleaning
Our extensive cleaning program is available on our end of tenancy cleaning page. End of Tenancy Cleaning is charged per job taking into account the current condition, number of rooms, bathrooms, WCs, shower rooms and en-suites. Please note that we do not charge per hour per cleaner and the number of operatives attending your property may vary. The number of operatives in a team cannot affect the initially quoted price.
What is NOT included in the Move in/out cleaning service & other
type of cleaning service.
- External areas of the property or deep cleaning of venetian blinds, are not including in our quote.
- The quoted price does not include extras like:Carpet and upholstery shampoo/steam cleaning,
stripping and polishing floors, washing up dishes, pans, plates, cutlery, crockery, utensils , taking more than 5 items out of cupboards and then putting them back in, dusting books, cleaning walls/ceilings, curtains, cleaning balconies/terraces, cleaning patios/gardens/, rubbish or waste removal is not part of our standard end of tenancy cleaning, those extra services are available at an extra fee.
- We do not move out fitted appliances: (such as Washing Machines, Driers, Dish Washers, Fridge and Freezers).
- Please note that we do NOT wash or clean/wipe painted walls.
- Does not include: Cutlery, crockery, plates and kitchen utensils washing are not originally included in our service and can be arranged if required at additional cost.
- Does not include: External window cleaning, balconies, conservatory, patios or garages to be cleaned, please let us know in advance and we will do our best to organize this for you.
We will do our best to move furniture assisting us perform the Services, provided that any items of furniture can easily and safety be moved by one-two people.
Please ensure (Move out-in Cleaning) all items are removed from kitchen cupboards, fridge / Freezers and Bathrooms, please ensure this process is completed prior to our arrival. Please ensure (Move out-in Cleaning) the freezers is turned off prior to our arrival, we do not take responsibility for defrosting freezers but we will endeavor to defrost during our time spent at the property
1.1. In these Terms of Business, the following definitions apply:
“The J&D House Services”, “We”, “Us” – means J&D House Services
“Customers” – means the person, firm or corporate body together with any sub-sidiary or associated company. “Cleaning Visit” – means the visit to the Client’s service address by the Cleaner in order to carry out the Service.
2.Quotations and Booking
2.1 By making any booking with us, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and agree to comply with them.
prices listed on our website, given over the phone or quoted via e-mail are valid only for the respective size of property / item or amount of time.
2.3 Prices may vary with respect to the size, location and condition of the property or the item which requires cleaning.
2.4 J&D House Services not charge VAT. We provides all necessary cleaning materials and equipment except in the case of a regular cleaning service.
2.5 If the Client requests keys to be collected by the
J&D House service’s operatives from a third party’s address outside the postal code of the serviced address then a £10.00 charge will apply. The charge will cover only the pickup of keys. If said keys need to be returned back to the third party’s address or any other address another charge of £10.00 will apply.
2.6 The customer agrees to provide access to hot water and electricity, and to ensure sufficient lighting and thermal conditions in the property.
2.7 A minimum Charge of £60 applies to each carpet or upholstery cleaning visit.
2.8 A £30 extra charge will apply if freezer has not been defrosted beforehand.2
2.9 J&D House Services reserves the right to amend the initial quotation, should the client’s original requirements change or in case the client has provided wrong or incomplete information. Customer must be available to contact during the clean in case we need authorization for extra work. If we fail to hear from customer within an hour of initial contact regarding the matter we will proceed with the extra work and the extra fee will be due. If customer not agree to amend the initial quotation even client has
provided wrong or incomplete information, then J&D House Services is right to cancel the cleaning service straight as client failure and the client entitle nothing.
2.10 When a customer asks for a quotation, we assume that the rooms in their property are of normal UK average size. If room are of larger sizes, quotation would be subject to change.
3.Payment terms- One of cleans/ end of tenancy cleaning/ After budling cleaning.
- Private sector; One of cleaning / end of tenancy cleanings; Payment is due prior to service commencement by bank transfer in order to proceed with the booking. Customer can pay also only 50% to process booking, but the remind balance must pay on arrival day before cleaning start.
- If Customer want to pay by cash for cleaning, then payment must paid on arrival date to hand cleaner representant.
- Business sector; Payment is subject to completion of the services, deposit will be required to process the booking up to 50%.
- Payment can be made with debit or credit card over the phone in advance of the clean, the fee may charged. J&D House Services will not store or share the customer’s card details.
- The regular customer agrees that any outstanding amount owed to J&D House Services will be settled within 7 days.
- The Customer understands that any (late payments) may be subject to additional charges.
- If payment is not made after terms of invoice, then the account will be passed to our debt collection agency, after which a charge of 20% of the initial invoice due will be added to the debt. You agree as part of this contract to pay this sum which represents our reasonable costs in collecting the outstanding amounts.
- The customer may not withhold any part of the agreed price, unless agreed by us in writing.
4.1. 2 days’ notice is required if customer cancels or re-schedules a cleaning appointment.
4.2. Customer agrees to pay 50% of the quote as a cancellation fee if the customer cancels or changes the date/time less than 2 days prior to the scheduled appointment.
4.3. Customer agrees to pay 50% of the quote as a cancellation fee in the event of a lock-out causing our cleaners to be turned away; no one home to let them in; lack of water, electricity or poor lighting
conditions available at customer’s premises, or the presence of a third party, such as builders or removal men, including owner of the property if he/she going to do any work manually in the property during the cleaning session or problem with customer’s keys.
4.4. If keys are provide they must open the lock without any special efforts or skills. Customer agrees to pay the 50% of clean if the cleaner(s) cannot gain access to the property.
4.5 We reserve the right to cancel a clean should the property not be accessible or access is not granted within 30 minutes of arrival at the property. Customer agrees to pay the 50% of the quote as a result of customer failure to make reasonable arrangements for access if cleaner(s) cannot gain access to the property.
4.6 The J&D House Services reserves the right to amend the initial quotation, should the Customers original requirements change.
4.7 J&D House Services reserve the right to cancel service If our operatives are verbally or physically abused or discriminated in any way.
5.Complaints and Claims
5.1 We will not consider any complaints that are notified after a period of 24 hours.
5.2 The Client agrees that due to the nature of the service the J&D House Services guarantees only to correct any problems reported within 24 hours in writing (letter or e-mail) at (firstname.lastname@example.org). Failure to do so will entitle the Client to nothing.
5.3 We will fully investigate any complaint and attempt to resolve it to the satisfaction of the Client, or alternatively to a reasonable standard.
5.4 The customer accepts and understand that poor service must be reported within 24 hours from the service date, including official inventory report carried out within 24 hours of the service must be provided outlining shortfalls in the clean.
5.5 Breakage/damage or theft must be reported at inspection on job completion. Failure to do so will entitle customer to no return visit or compensations of any kind. We do not offer refunds!
5.6 We kindly advise all customers that they must be completely moved out, and all rubbish removed from the premises prior to the clean taking place, if this condition has not been met, we can still carry out the clean, however we will not guarantee our service.
5.6 If customer have any boxes or furniture (bulk) in any rooms in the property e.g. in middle room or in some corner, cleaners will clean around boxes or bulk furniture’s and cleaners will not moving any of them! In case customer moved all boxes during the cleaning, and later made verbal request to our cleaner to return to clean there area where was moved the boxes or request verbal to waiting on him until he move all items to another room or on another place, J&D House Services will not be liable for this verbal requests made by customer to cleaners or office staff i.e.
5.7 J&D House Services requires the presence of the customer or his/hers representative in the beginning and at the end of the cleaning session.
5.8 If the customer has scheduled an inventory check then it must be scheduled to commence no later than 24 hours after the cleaning job has taken place.
5.9 Failure to do so may incur of flat getting slightly dusty from an airborne dust that settles an and may fail inventory check out inspection.
5.10 J&D House Services may take up to 2 working days to respond to a complaint.
5.11 J&D House Services not accept a complaint based on a inventory check report in case where the property has been occupied or light touch up works carried out in the period the end of tenancy cleaning session and the inventory check.
5.12 Complaint are accepted only in writing. Complaint must be reported to us in writing (email@example.com) on completion or in the following 1 day (24 hours).
- Customer Satisfaction
6.1 Customer understand that he/she is NOT entitled to any refunds and may be entitled to a free re-clean in the following cases;
- If the client or third party has not occupied, used or carried out work in any rooms/items in the property after an end of tenancy cleaning service has been carried out.
- If a task requested by the customer at the time of booking and agreed by J&D House Services was not completed during the cleaning service considering that sufficient time for cleaning was allowed/booked / paid.
- If the customer has informed J&D House Services of any issues within 1 day (24 hours) of the completion of the cleaning service, including is not completely satisfied with a cleaning job, J&D House Services will re-clean any areas and items to customer’s satisfaction as long as it possible to do so. Therefore, the customer must allow the cleaner to return to the property.
Customer or his representative/inspector, must be present at all times during the re-clean and
at job completion. J&D House Services reserves the right not to return a cleaner more than once.
6.2 A re-clean will be subject to an additional charge of £100, if the client or a third party has carried out any type of work in the property or has occupied the property after the initial was completed.
6.3 Refund will be issued only: if the Client has cancelled a cleaning visit within the allowed time 2 working days prior to the start of the cleaning session and a payment has been already taken by the J&D House Services.
7.1. The J&D House Services shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation (whether direct, indi-rect or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the Customer aris-ing from or in any way connected with.
7.2 J&D House Services reserves the right not be liable for;
- Not completing tasks which are not stated on our task checklist.
- Cleaning jobs not complete due to the lack of hot water or poor lighting conditions or due to any other obstruction to the cleaning process.
- The Customer is to ensure that hot running water and electricity is provided and that there are no blocking drains. An additional charge of £65 will be applied if we have to un block drains.
- Should no electricity or running water be provided we are permitted to leave the property and will not be liable, under any circumstances for any costs associated with the cleaning not being carried out.
- Third party entering or present at the customer’s premises during the cleaning process.
- Wear or discolouring of fabric or carpets becoming more visible once has been removed.
- Failing to remove old/permanent stains that cannot be removed using standard professional carpet cleaning methods.
- Existing damage or spillage that cannot be cleaned/removed completely using our cleaning detergents and equipment, or professional carpet cleaning equipment.
- Damages caused to natural surfaces (such as marble, glass, wood or natural stone), unless you have notified us in writing of their presence before we commence the Services.
- Damage to items or their loss if caused by any of the following reasons:
- Goods not package by us, including those in wardrobes, drawers, or appliances, or in package, bundle, case or other container.
- Cleaning, repairing or restoring goods, unless undertaken by ourselves.
- Electrical/ mechanical faults to any appliance or mechanical instrument, unless there is evidence of external impact.
- To jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, items of sentimental value, coins or goods or collections of any similar kind, unless we have confirmed in writhing that we accepted responsibility and you have given us description and value of those articles.
- Any goods already proven defective or goods, which are inherently defective.
- To pets or animal (including reptiles, fish and birds) whether in cage, tank or animal carrier.
- To plants.
- To refrigerated or frozen food or drink.
- To data, files, software or digital contents of any computer or similar device.
- To fragile and highly break items if they have not been secured or removed by the customer.
- The disposal of personal belongings left in the property being cleaned at the end of tenancy if the customer has not specifically asked us to leave those in the property.
- Any failing inventory checks or additional charges incurred by the customer if J&D House Services is not allowed to return to the premises to rectify any omissions or if a follow-up has been carried out not by ourselves without consent.
- J&D House Services will not be liable for verbal requests made by customer to cleaners or office staff. All special request should be made clearly in writing to avoid miscommunication.
7.J&D House Services is liable for:
- Key replacement – lock smith fees only if keys were lost by our operatives. There is a £100 per household liability limit.
- If Master key has been lost by our operatives, our liability is limited to £30.
- Keeping all customer’s information confidential.
- The repair of a damaged item at its cost if the damage was caused by a member of our staff. For this purpose, a representative of J&D House Services must be allowed to return to the client’s property in
order to assess the damage in person and determine if it is possible to repair the damaged item. If the item cannot be repaired, J&D House Services will rectify the problem by crediting the customer with the item’s present actual cash value toward a like replacement from a J&D House Services source upon
payment of cleaning services rendered.
8.1 Our Staff are instructed to use only our cleaning product and equipment on customer premises. However, if customers request for our staff to use their equipment J&D House Services shall not be liable for any loss or damage as a result.
8.2 The Client must provide running water, electricity and sufficient light at the premises where the service takes place.
9.1 J&D House Service has public liability.
10.Employment of our staff by the Customer
10.1 Customer (You) agrees that will not employ or engage any of our staff to clean or engage in any home/office related services for you within 12 months of the last time that member of staff cleaned for you under this contract for services. If customer breach this undertaking you recognize that this will cause us loss and such customer agree to pay us referral fee for the staff member of £1250 which we both recognize measure of our loss of profit and the cost of finding and training their replacement.
11.1 These Terms are governed by the laws of England and are sub-ject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England. J&D House Service reserves the right to make any changes to any part of these terms and conditions without giving any prior notice. Should any of the above clauses change all existing customers will be notified. Please check this website for updates.